The Tamil Nadu State Government (TNEPDS) has decided to go all digital by the end of 2017. The Tamil Nadu State Government has improvised the old Ration cards to Digital Smart Ration Cards. Not only this, the Government has also launched an Android App for all the Android users. It also has app facility for the IOS and Blackberry Users.
A Little about the TNEPDS Smart Ration Cards
The Smart Ration cards are the modified version of the Ration Cards. These cards have a coded microchip inserted and is integrated according to the requirements. The benefits of these Smart Cards are:
- The low-income category people can purchase the commodities and food grains at subsidized rates.
- Ration cards also serve as an Identity Card for the people as well.
The TNEPDS app works under the Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System. It provides a lots of facilities. All you have to do in the app you need to register your Mobile Number and update the Aadhaar details of your family members using this App.
About Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System(TNEPDS)
The Tamil Nadu State Government follows the Universal PDS. There are no classifications such as BPL, APL exists. Recently, the State has identified approx. 18, 63, 185 AAY Beneficiaries. This initiative is undertaken so as to abolish the poverty.
Structure of the PDS
The agencies that are involved in the PDS Operation are:
- Civil supplies and Consumer Protection Department
- Tamil Nadu Civil Supplies Corporation
- Food Corporation of India
- Co-operative Societies and
- Women Self-Help Groups
Benefits of the TNEPDS App
- You can apply for the TNEPDS fresh application.
- Check the application status
- Correct the details present in the Ration card.
- Linking your Aadhaar with the Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Cards and much more.
Additional Information about the App
- The App was updated on May 26, 2017.
- Number of Installs till date- 1, 000, 000- 5, 000, 000
- Current Version of the App- 2.5
- Supports Android 4.0 and above.
- Rated- 4 Star
How does the TNEPDS App Works?
As told earlier, the Tamil Nadu State Government has launched an app called TNEPDS App. The app is like a savior to the people. The App provides a lot of facilities to the local residents of the Tamil Nadu. Let us now know about the way/process how the app works:
- Install the TNEPDS App and Register your Mobile Number and Update the Aadhaar details of your family members using the App.
- After the registration, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number and after entering the OTP, you can successfully login into the app.
- If you are already registered through this app, then it will be easier to link your Mobile Number with the Ration Card.
- After you have successfully logged in. you can easily access the menus.
- In the entitled option, you will have to select the amount of Food grains and Commodities you want for number of people you are applying for.
- If you have already registered your family members Aadhaar card at the PDS Shop then you will be able to get all your family members information.
Linking Aadhaar with the App
- Go to the app and enter the mobile number followed by OTP.
- It is then redirected to a new page, fill in the details that are related to the Ration Card.
- Now take the Aadhaar card and place it below, the app scans the QR Code and collects the Aadhaar card.
Through this App, you avail the following benefits:
- Through this app, you can see the Shop Information.
- You will be able to get the current availability of the various items and its stock availability.
- It also provides you the complete details about your Family Members
- Complaint Registering mechanism and much more.
- Through this app you can even calculate the total bill of the products and commodities that you have applied for.
The launching of the TNEPDS App is a massive step from the Government of Tamil Nadu towards the world of Digitization. Find more information related to various other Government Documents and Schemes please visit the Rupeenomics.com