The JEE Main 2018 counselling will be conducted by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority for the candidates who clear the JEE Cut off. JEE Main Counselling follows many rounds on the basis of the availability of the seats.JEE Main Counselling will be held after the successful completion of the JEE Main examination.
JEE Main Counselling procedure
Candidates have to follow the JEE Counselling and Seat Allotment procedure to participate in the counselling process. The first step is the registration process.
- Registration: Candidates have to log in to the official website of the JEE Main 2018. They have to enter their JEE Main Roll number and Password for the registration. The registration will be done online and it will be free of cost.
- Choice Filling: Candidates have to fill up the courses where they want to pursue their education. The colleges and the courses chosen should be based on the preferences. The most preferred college should be selected first and the least preferred option should be the last one on the list.
- Seat allotment process: The seat allotment process is based on the availability of seats, choice filling and most importantly on the merit. There will be two rounds of mock seat allotment. These rounds will help the candidates to know the allotment process and choose better preferences in the main rounds.
- Seat Acceptance Payment: After downloading the provisional allotment letter the candidates have to pay the seat acceptance fee. The general category students will have to pay 45000 and the reserved category candidates will pay 20,000
- Verification of the documents: Candidates have to verify the documents in the designated nodal centres. All the documents should be valid. The documents that will be needed are given below
JOSAA Counselling Schedule
|Serial No.||Events||Important Dates(Tentative)|
|1||Registration and Choice Filling||Third Week of June,2018|
|2||Mock Allotment Round 1||Third Week of June,2018|
|3||Mock Allotment Round 2||Third Week of June,2018|
|4||Seat Allotment Round 1||Fourth Week of June,2018|
|5||Seat Allotment Acceptance and reporting to the help centres||Fourth Week of June,2018|
|6||Seat Allotment Round 2||First Week of July,2018|
|7||Seat Allotment Acceptance and reporting to the help centres||First Week of July,2018|
|8||Seat Allotment Round 3||First Week of July,2018|
|9||Seat Allotment Acceptance and reporting to the help centres||Second Week of July,2018|
|10||Seat Allotment Round 4||Second Week of July,2018|
|11||Seat Allotment Acceptance and reporting to the help centres||Second Week of July,2018|
|12||Seat Allotment Round 5||Third Week of July,2018|
|13||Seat Allotment Acceptance /Withdrawal and reporting to the help centres||Third Week of July,2018|
|14||Seat Allotment Round 6||Third Week of July,2018|
|15||Seat Allotment Acceptance and reporting to the help centres||Fourth Week of July,2018|
|16||Seat Allotment Round 7||Fourth Week of July,2018|
|17||Seat Allotment Acceptance and reporting to the help centres||Fourth Week of July,2018|
Documents Required for JEE Main Counselling
|3 Passport size photo|
|Provisional JoSAA seat allotment letter|
|Photo Identity Proof|
|JEE Main Admit Card|
|Date of Birth|
|JEE Main Score card|
|Date of Birth Proof|
|Class XII mark sheet|
Reporting: Candidates have to report to the designated institutes according to the given date and time.
Summary: Check here for the details on JEE Main Counselling process. The important dates, counselling procedure, and the documents needed to be verified are mentioned in this article. For more details Visit source